o u r m i s s i o n
Glorify God. Serve People.
Jesus commanded His disciples in Matthew 10:7 & 8, "and as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand! Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils, freely ye have received, freely give."
The mission of the Uprising is:
1) To proclaim and minister the uncompromising Word of God and the love of Jesus Christ to those who are lost, hurting, sick, poor, and bound, by going out into the highways and byways compelling them to come in!
2) To see those in the The Uprising "community" walking in love with God and one another. We will celebrate the Holy Sacraments together, pray for, support, and serve each other as we walk along the journey together in Christ.
3) To minister with the love of Christ, liberty and freedom to fellow believers who are weary from religious control, manipulation, and selfish ambition.
4) To raise up, teach, and disciple a radical community of believers in these postmodern times who are willing to lay down their lives, pick up their cross daily, and walk in the truth, love, and compassion of Christ. They will each be sent out into their God ordained destiny and mission so that they might take the Kingdom of God by force.
5) To pray continuosly for an authentic outpouring from heaven, and for a sacred, holy, and supernatural awakening in Tulsa. It is our desire to see the whole region transformed by the love of God in response to the humility, repentance, and prayers of a desperate and hungry people who are not only seeking God's will, but who are truly seeking His face.
~ A n c i e n t : A p o s t o l i c : A n g l i c a n ~
An Incarnational and Sacramental Anglican Rite Mission Community